KFC GOLDEN BUCKET PROMOTION CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet or compatible mobile Internet enabled Android mobile device only (Android 5.0 to 8.1 supported).
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older who make an Eligible Purchase using their Google Pay account during the Promotional Period (Entrants). Individuals who make an Eligible Purchase using another person’s Google Pay account, enter the Promotion on behalf of the Google Pay account holder.
3. The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at 0:01am (AEDT) on 04/12/2018 and ends at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 20/12/2018 (Promotional Period).
HOW TO ENTER
5. To enter the promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
a. download, install and launch the ‘KFC’ application (KFC App) on their compatible Android device in the manner required. The application is available free of charge and can be downloaded via Google Play for all Android devices (Entrants who have already installed the KFC App will not be required to complete this step);
b. spend at least $5.00 (incl. GST) in one (1) transaction (Transaction), on any KFC products (Eligible Product) via Google Pay using the KFC App (Eligible Purchase); and
c. access www.kfc.com.au/golden-bucket (Promotional Website) via Internet or compatible mobile device and fully and correctly complete and successfully submit the online entry form in the manner required, including providing a current and valid email address and the date the Eligible Purchase was made, (together, an Entry).
6. Entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the promotion for each Eligible Purchase in accordance with Condition 5. Multiple entries are permitted, however each Entry must be based on a separate Transaction and must separately and independently comply with these Conditions of Entry.
7. Selection of Eligible Products is subject to availability. Eligible Products may not be available for sale in all participating KFC outlets at all times during the Promotional Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Eligible Products being unavailable at a participating KFC outlet during the Promotional Period.
8. Entrants must not suspend or terminate their Google Pay account at any time during the Promotional Period and their Google Pay account must not be in default, otherwise any and all of the Entries of the Entrant will be deemed invalid.
9. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter.
10. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
11. To use all features of the KFC App and to receive updates, Entrant’s must enable 3G or 4G and/or Wi-Fi data connection, location services and push notifications on their compatible mobile device.
12. Costs associated with accessing or downloading the KFC App are the Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Entrant’s usage plan, mobile carrier or Internet Service Provider (ISP) used. Downloading the application and accessing mobile content including web-based content may incur data charges. Any external links (such as links clicked through the Google Play app) and application features that require Internet connection may also incur data charges. Data used over Wi-Fi (excluding free Wi-Fi) will be charged as per the Entrant’s ISP rates. The charges for all data services will appear on the Entrant’s next mobile phone and/or Internet bill (as applicable). All general queries relating to carrier rates or mobile and/or Internet bills should be directed to the Entrant’s mobile phone carrier or ISP (as applicable).
13. Entrants must not use the KFC App while operating a vehicle (or any other form of transport), while the vehicle is moving, or is stationary but not lawfully parked. Entrant’s may only use the KFC App while their vehicle is lawfully parked. Entrants must comply with all applicable road rules and regulations before and while using the KFC App. In the interests of safety at all other times, KFC recommends that Entrant’s only use the KFC App when it is lawful and safe to do so.
14. The draw to determine the winners will take place at 12:00pm midday (AEDT) on 07/01/2019 at Suite 12, Level 1, 285A Crown Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010. In order to comply with New South Wales legislation, an independent scrutineer will oversee the conduct of the prize draw and winner announcement as the total value of the prize(s) in the prize draw is greater than $10,000. The winners will be notified personally via email within two (2) days of the draw, and their name and locality will be published online on the Promotional Website on 15/01/2019 and will remain on the Promotional Website for no less than 28 days. All reasonable steps to notify the winners of the results of the draw will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Major Prize: The first eligible Entry randomly drawn from all Entries received during the Promotional Period will win one (1) 24k gold plated KFC bucket valued at $20,000 and $30,000 cash. Total major prize value $50,000.
16. Runner-up Prizes: The next three (3) eligible Entries randomly drawn from all remaining Entries received during the Promotional Period will each win one (1) Google Pixel 3 Phone, valued at $1,199 RRP. The total minor prize value is $3,597.
17. Google Pixel 3 phone handsets are offered unlocked. Connection, mobile telephone/broadband plan and call costs in respect of the mobile handsets are the responsibility of the winners.
18. All costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a minor prize, are the responsibility of the winners. Such additional costs include but are not limited to Internet connection, data plans, software and Google applications not provided on the Google Pixel 3 Phone as part of standard retail sale (if applicable).
19. The total maximum prize pool value is $53,597. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prizes cannot be used or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price (including GST).
20. The Promoter may conduct a further draw at the same time and place as the original draw as is necessary on 03/04/2019 in order to distribute any prize(s) (if any) unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation In the event of any winner(s) in the unclaimed prize draw, the winner(s) will be notified personally via email within two (2) days of the draw, and their name and locality will be published online via the Promotional Website on 05/04/2019 and will remain on the Promoter’s Website for no less than 28 days. All reasonable steps to notify the winner(s) of the results of the unclaimed prize draw (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize. If any documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or Entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s (or its nominated agent’s) satisfaction, then all the entries of that Entrant may be ineligible and deemed invalid.
23. A prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter, or its nominated agents, requires in their sole absolute discretion.
24. It is a condition of accepting and participating in a prize that a winner may be required to sign eligibility form(s), code(s) of conduct and/or legal release(s) (including prize acceptance release(s)) in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
25. An Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may, in the event the Entrant is a winner, publish or cause to be published the Entrant winner’s name and locality in any media, as required under the relevant State or Territory lottery legislation.
26. As a condition of entering this promotion, each Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Promoter to give effect to this condition. Applicable manufacturers, and/or distributors should be contacted in regard to all prize warranty claims.
27. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
28. If the promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures, directions of regulators or industry self-regulatory bodies or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide alternative prize(s) to the same value as the original prize(s), subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
29. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prize(s); and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all Entries and to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
31. All of the Promoter’s decisions in respect of the promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. KFC is committed to helping its customers make informed decisions about their foods and beverage choices. KFC provides healthier food and beverage options for adults and children and ensures nutritional information is easily accessible to its customers. Nutritional information is available on its websites (www.kfc.com.au), in its restaurants and, wherever possible, on product packaging.
33. Selected partners, trusted third parties, promotional agents and prize suppliers of the Promoter (if any and depending on the nature of the prizes) (Promotional Partners) may require that Entrants provide Personal Information to them in order to process a valid prize claim. Entrants must satisfy themselves with the privacy policies of any Promotional Partners, as the Promoter will not accept any responsibility for the handling of Personal Information by Promotional Partners.
34. If the Promoter collects an Entrant’s Personal Information, the Promoter will provide to the Entrant, at time of entry into the promotion or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Promoter’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
36. By entering the promotion, Entrants acknowledge that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s Personal Information by the Promoter is to contact the Entrant in the future with information about the Promoter, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share an Entrant’s Personal Information with its Australian and overseas related companies, Promotional Partners, servants, employees, agents and trusted third parties who may contact the Entrant for their legitimate commercial purposes, including special offers, market research or to provide the Entrant with marketing materials in this way. By entering the promotion, Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter and any applicable third parties may use their Personal Information in the manner set out in this condition.
37. In these Conditions of Entry: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
38. Promoter: Kentucky Fried Chicken Pty Ltd (ABN 79 000 587 780) and KFC ADCO Limited (ABN 22 083 047 992) of 20 Rodborough Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086; telephone: 02 9930 3233.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/30211. ACT Permit No. TP 18/02342. SA Permit No. T18/2112.